Monday, March 4, 2013

What if

Today I have been running a lot of "What if"s in my head.

What if ...God has something way bigger planned for me for this trip than I can imagine. (which I'm sure He does)
What if ...He is calling me to more than just this trip.  Am I ready or prepared for that?
What if ...He has kept me single for this exact moment for a reason. What if He calls me to move there?
What if ...
What if ...He is preparing my heart for adoption. What will that look like?
What if ...He is simply humbling me about the realities of the world. How can I make a difference?
What if ...He is opening my eyes. He works through ALL situations!
What if ...He introduces me to the man of my dreams. What?
What if ...
What if ...Jimmy never makes a move. He probably won't.  Nice only goes so far. Get off the couch boy!
What if ...they decrease my pay at CBC. It could happen.
What if ...I move out of the dorm.  Do I get a roommate? It has consumed my life the past four years. If I'm lonely now, if I move out how lonely would I be then.
What if ...God simply strengthens me, changes me, grows me.  I sure hope so!

I keep running these scriptures through my head. 

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. - Deuteronomy 31:8

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-7

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Welcome to today's thoughts.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment