Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Another day

I haven't blogged in ages.  Since May actually and it was short.  That was 4 months ago.  A lot has happened since then.  Here is a synopsis.
I decided to attend grad school.  CBC offered to pay for it but encouraged that I drop some responsibilities and drop some hours (including pay) to be successful in grad school.  I agreed that in order to be successful I would need to step back from a lot of things.  I was very hesitant about letting go of Student Activities because that is what brought me to CBC and that is how I keep a close relationship with all the students.  BUT I do enjoy housing more and hope to develop the housing department here at CBC so this is my avenue to step in to concentrating on that.
So I did that.  Signed my contract.  Took almost $500 a month pay cut.  That has hurt.  I bought ramen noodles and stopped eating out as much.  I even had to withdraw my giving to charities.  But i'm making it and my bills are getting paid.
I went to OMP.  That was great as usual.  I probably should've blogged right after that and I still may do a recall blog.  I'll have to pull my journal out and recap.
I went on several outings with family just because I needed the getaway.
Still talked to Jimmy pretty heavily over the summer.  It has been going no where.  I'm tired of trying with this boy.  He's sweet and a great man of God but he has no motivation to make any kind of change to better himself and has made very little effort to advance our relationship.  So I have stopped talking to him.  A 32 year old man who is living with his mom and has no job with no motivation to get a job or move out is not very attractive to pursue.  I message him on occasion to check on him but I stopped the daily conversation.  It wasn't healthy anyways.
Res life moved in the first weekend in August and it has been crazy ever since.  Training, then MUD week, the school started, then grad school started.  It has definitely slowed down since then but it's still crazy.
Just one day after another.  I hope to get myself back into blogging because I sure do feel better when I write out my problems and worries and struggles and victories.
Hopefully you will see something from me again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment