Sunday, September 12, 2010

He says serve!

God uses all kinds of things to speak to us. Like Mandisa's song God Speaking says - Who knows how He'll get ahold of us, get our attention to prove He is enough. He'll do and He'll use whatever He wants to to tell us 'I Love You'. So as this song brought tears to my eyes this afternoon as I reflected on the morning service and music that the lyrics just dwelled in my heart and mind. He was pretty much telling me.."Hey, do you not see that I am speaking to you?"

Tonight I went to church for FAD and as many nights the music itself brings me to my knees as it speaks directly to my heart. After the music, we watched a video of a sermon that was preached the Sunday after 9/11..Run for Your Life. As humans we tend to run away from our problems..run away from everything we are afraid of...we should all be like many of the firemen and policemen during 9/11 that as everyone was running away they were running towards the chaos...running to help those in need.
This spoke so clearly... that we need to "Stop!" If we don't attempt to help the people that need it, then the building (or the devil) will come crashing down on them and kill them. Shouldn't we at least Try to help them.

God has really spoke to me today through songs..through the messages at Fellowship Bible Church both this morning and this evening...through that video...that it just clicked**God is speaking. He is telling me that I need to serve. I mean sure I serve some but not like He has called me to serve. I can think of a thousand excuses not to because heaven forbid my work schedule allow anything else to be added to my life but that is just not a good excuse to use to not serve.

I remember about a month ago one Sunday morning in service Bro. Ken spoke of going to Nicaragua on a mission trip and that they needed a few more people to come along not to teach but to just love on the kids and do arts and crafts and things. God started stirring in my heart then. He was telling me 'Hey Sarah, you can and should totally do that!". But knowing that it was mid-semester, I disregarded this rumbling in my heart and didn't think more about going on this trip. I didn't even ask about it.
Well... He is still rumbling in my heart. Maybe not to Nicaragua in October but He is calling me to as Galatians 5:13 says
'You were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.'

So now that I finally get the message...what do I do now?


If you know me, I am not very outspoken...I'm not one to lead much conversation. It's not that I am unable or unwilling. It is just my nature to listen and take in, to comfort, and to love more than to speak. Yes, I need to be more outspoken because quietness does turn some people away. Anywho, my point is that clearly I am not called to minister the word to the nations...but it doesn't mean that I can't show them that God loves every one of us! The past few years He has really taught me how to love better and more willingly to love everyone that comes into my life. However, He is still helping and teaching me to love without expecting love in return (that's the hard part).
1 Peter 4:10-11 says "As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

I don't know what this means for me...or for my future. I don't know if He wants me to stay at CBC forever or if He will send me elsewhere. I am not going to say that I am definitely going on or not going on a mission trip. I chose to not take that opportunity when He stirred in my heart to go and who knows if He will give me that urge again. But there are people to serve everywhere in this world even just down the street, in this dorm, in this state, and even in our church. I do not know what He holds for my life but I know I will serve Him until the day I die and He takes me home.
Matthew 24:36 says - “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

My response is that I can only try not to use my daily life as an excuse to not listen when God speaks and calls me. I must keep listening and be open to all possibilities to serve Him, for Him, and through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment