Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pity Party

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry to if it happened to you.

As the tears continued to flow Friday evening, a friend reminded me of that song. It was so appropriate for my pity party. lol

Again I chose to listen when the devil whispered. Again I pleaded, WHY? Why am I alone? Why do none of my friends seem to care? Why...Why...Why?

-What a baby! What am I, 2 years old? So many questions and even when given the answer...even when I know the answer, I still ask why.

God reminded me...."Sarah, it's not about you. This world isn't here to help you fulfill your needs and wants. These people aren't here for You. It's about God. It's all here for Him because of Him. Sarah, you are here to serve Him and everything else is just to help you or strengthen you along the way." It was a nice smack in the face by God.

My friend told me that we are all allowed to have a pity party every once in a while...is it bad that mine has lasted a week.
I think it's over now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment